After reading US Magazine‘s 25 Things You Didn’t Know About Me section and missing those Facebook invites to share personal facts, I thought I’d take advantage of my
Narcissism 1st amendment rights and do my own confessional! So here are some things you may not know about me. Though…maybe you do.
1. I like going into Duane Reade and buying a lot of crap.
2. Since using this lip balm, I’m now obsessed and keep at least 4 on hand.
3. The number 107 has followed me since childhood. I see it everywhere.
4. Being out in a storm is my favorite thing–as long as it doesn’t hurt me.
5. My all-time favorite movie is Jaws.
6. I love to run but am extremely lazy.
7. I’ve been reading tarot cards for the last 20 years. Yes, I started because of a boy.
8. I’m an insomniac (I’ve tried everything).
9. I started wearing an eyemask to sleep in my 40s. No idea…
10. After the Pan Am flight 103 blew up, I developed a fear of flying, which I still have, but I get on the plane anyway.
11. Since this commercial, I’ve been using the same skin cream for almost 30 years.
12. Ironing and starching clothes relaxes me.
13. I collect ribbon. I’m not sure why, unless Laura Ingalls and Nellie Olsen need it for the church social.
14. It’s important to me that I live in a country where people can have different opinions on the same topic. Red and blue and purple should be able to co-exist.
16. I’d never owned any kind of diamond until my husband proposed.
17. In high school, I cracked my jaw while blowing a funky smoke ring*, and I’ve been able to tell the weather ever since.
18. I want to read everything.
19. My husband accepts my girl-crush on Jane Lynch. Every time she’s on the screen, I can’t look away, especially in The 40-Year-Old Virgin and Role Models.
20. It takes a gallon of oil to keep my hair from being broom-like.
21. Since living in NYC, I’ve learned to carry essentials in case of an emergency: tiger balm, eucalyptus oil, anti-bacterial wipes, a mini-elephant (for good luck), Advil, Altoids, back-up Altoids, secret money, cell phone–and I always wear sneakers so I can run if I need to in case of attack, storm, blackout.
22. One of the most embarrassing moments of my life: My dorm mother caught me imaginary slow dancing with my imaginary boyfriend Nick Rhodes (sophomore year of high school, when I took a short hiatus from my long-term imaginary boyfriend, John Taylor). She said, “Okay…?”
23. I read Hard Times by Charles Dickens when I was 10, just to impress my parents. I don’t remember anything about it.
24. I did the calligraphy on diplomas for four years of high school seniors (damn those who had two middle names!) when I was in high school.
25. Four years later, I still can’t believe I’m married and to such a cool guy. How amazing!
*I don’t smoke anymore.